25 January 2010

A Reaction on Making a Reaction Paper (Huh?)

 brother runs a computer shop here in our province. Yes, I am currently on vacation here in Odiongan, Romblon. The cafe also offers typing jobs which his wife and my other younger brother helps him with. Since my parents are both teachers (I really don't know where my values went), they get a lot of typing requests. Mind you, this is the province and not all have computers at home or even know how to use them. So why am I telling you this? Here's why.

So I was doing my rounds of bloghopping hoping to get more traffic here like before when my brother approach me and asked for my help. He wants me to make a reaction paper for one of his customers, a college student. I readily accepted the job thinking that all I need to do was encode letters and words. To my dismay, he was actually asking me to MAKE THE REACTION PAPER MYSELF! I was like WHUAAAATTTT!!! Of course I refused. Then he offred me a bargain, I will watch over his kid while he does the reaction paper. I chose the more convenient one - DO THE DARN PAPER.

The students were asked to do a paper on the movie "Transformers: The Return of the Fallen." There were bullet points as to what should be in the paper - from introduction to summary to comments. It was really easy. I mean you can get everything from the internet nowadays. Of course I couldn't help but to put some of my personal inputs. Thanks to Wikipedia and IMDB.com I was to get some background. I finished the paper in less than an hour.



NOW, I RANT
What the hell is happening to our education system? To our students? It was like getting your thesis ready-made from Recto for a hundred bucks! I told my brother that he should not accept job offers like that because it wa an assignment assigned to the students. How will they know how to research on their own? I was really disappointed. I blame both my brother and the students. My brother because he tolerates the kind of behavior that diminishes students' supposedly skills and capability to do it on their own (Whitney?). The students because they rely so much on other people. What happens when they grow up and face the real world? People are not as nice and accommodating when you grow up. They will not be as patient and as helpful. Right?

So this goe out to all the students out there. Study hard. Rely mostly on yourself and don't ask my brother to research for you! Argh!

Enough of this. Might as well entertain this guy in my YM who's been buzzing me for the last 30 minutes. Ciao for now.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

  • brew, these kind of students aleady exist long long ago....maybe the one who asked to have his/her term paper done was the product of 2 previous students with same attitude.

    By Blogger yaniroxas, at 3:25 PM  

  • Hahaha. Corrected by!!!
    Oi friend lagi ka punta dito ah. :)

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 3:57 PM  

  • Lazy students I tell you. It's like they don't take things seriously or get their priorities straight. In our case here, the first priority are parties and lots of parties then comes school. When they get lower grades they whine about it. *sigh*

    By Anonymous Charles Ravndal, at 4:11 PM  

  • @ Charles Ravndal - When I was studying I never ran out of parties to go to but I also make sure I have all my school work done on time and BY ME. I guess it's all about time management and setting priorities.

    I added you in my LINKS by the way. Hope you don't mind.

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 4:20 PM  

  • was it that hard to google and copy+paste? damn, tamad ng bata lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 PM  

  • @ Anonymous - Uu nga eh. Grabe na talaga kabataan ngayon. Tanda ko na kasi eh. hahaha...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 11:43 PM  

  • salamat sa pag bisita :)

    By Blogger domjullian, at 1:45 AM  

  • its what you call "business process outsourcing" , kids these days, anyway, i was doing that way back in high school and college heheheh

    By Blogger Gram Math, at 10:40 AM  

  • it has been like this for years :) when I was in college I wrote essays for my friends too, then they treat me lunch. hehe :) nice blog you have here :)

    By Blogger ZaiZai, at 1:18 PM  

  • @ domjullian - Thanks din sa pagbisita. Link mo?

    @ gram math - hahaha... uu nga noh, BPO xa if think abt it... Peo i still believe that students should do their own homework.

    @ zai zai - i posted something sa comment page mo. hehehe. i edited ur pic. link kita ha!

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 1:45 PM  

  • lol! my mga kilala ako nagpapagawa ng thesis.. pero yang caso na yan. grabe nmana, transformers reaction paper lang. tsk3

    By Anonymous erwinator, at 1:38 PM  

  • @Erwinator - di ba uber sa tamad... actually di ko alam kung tamad or bobo (sorry) lang talaga...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 1:45 PM  

  • Hahaha. Congrats.

    Kumusta naman kapag nag-graduate yang ginawan mo ng reaction paper. Yan ang kinabukasan ng bayan. Hohoho.

    By Blogger Rei Mikazuki, at 11:14 PM  

  • @ Rei Mikazuki - UU nga, sana makaGrad yun. Hahaha... Thanks for dropping by!

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 10:23 AM  

  • Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    By Anonymous Term Papers, at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


All Rights Reserved March 2007
All images and designs are my property unless stated otherwise.

Site Meter
 
My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

2010 - Wow! I can't believe this blog is already 4 years old! I would like to thank everyone has been so nice to me and my blog. I am really happy that there are people out there who can relate to my life.

January 24, 2010 - I met this guy online who inspired me to write/blog again. To Sal, thank you for the inspiration. I owe you one.

Follow me on Facebook

*************************

*************************


I am a frustrated artist who finds refuge in bitterness and solitude. Angst is what I speak and love is what I hide. I never want to be seen naked for in nakedness there is truth and truth I am afraid of. Reality never seems to be fair, life in fact is iniquitous.


I like to put up a facade like a masked man in a party. I like to exude and air of mystery and fear. For in fear I earn respect and respect I treasure.

I like to play God once in a while, controlling the people who surround me. I love to twist emotions and bring out the insides.

I have found love but it left me suddenly for reasons until now I do not understand. He pierced right through everything that is me and left a broken arrow in my heart. But I let that happen because I loved him so sincerely. If there was a time I really loved someone, it would be that time. He rocked my world; sadly, he rocked me to my death.

 


-------
| online brewer(s) |
-------




[bReWiNg]
@ PLU Blogs

Vote For Me

A Pinoy Blogger

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

 




These guys rock! Thank you very much.

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

A Pinoy Blogger

 


Powered by Blogger