13 May 2006

Bus Route to Death


Just got home. I waited for like an hour (or more) for Aphol to get on the bus in Cubao going home —the gentleman that I am. Ehemm….

I really hate taking the bus. Here’s a trivia about me: I always remember to pray whenever I am on a bus. It never falters. I swear. Why? I am afraid the bus might flip off the road and I would die. Stupid huh? But it is true. It’s probably the thought of dying that scares me a lot. DEATH scares me a lot. And when you are on a bus, it’s like letting the driver take control over your life. And you know how Filipino bus drivers are (or Filipino drivers in general) especially during the wee hours when the road is like a ghost town. They’re like the owner of the road. Or they feel that way.

Other reasons why I hate taking the bus.
(1)
They overtake almost every vehicle ahead of them and when they do, and thus abruptly turns from left to right (or vice versa), that really get my heart pumping.

(2) You’ll never know when the guy you’re seated with is a criminal or not. Next thing you’ll know, your phone’s missing or worse, you have a knife pointing at your neck.

(3) During the early morning (which is the time I usually go home from work), a lot of drunkards ride the bus and then the place will smell of alcohol and all the shit they ate before that. Or worse, they will puke right in front of you. Gross.

(4) The route home had no bus with AC meaning I have to ride an ordinary bus going home everyday. Thank God for MRT.

(5) There are a lot of U-Turns along the bus route home and I am scared the bus will flip over everytime it takes a U-Turn.

(6) Finally, some buses are jam-packed so you have to stand for the duration of the trip. And then some ugly, smelly fat guy will rub his crotch against your back. ewww… If he were Marc Nelson I’d probably face him and rub my crotch against his too. But he’s not. That never happens…

But then again, I have no choice. If I were to ride the cab everyday, I’d spent ¾ of my salary in a month. Argh! And I won’t get to buy that new phone I’ve been wanting to have.

Poor me.

-------
Anyways, what does FTI mean? Any clue? Is it Fort Travel Inc? I saw a sign from a bus when Aphol and I were waiting. She said it could be Far Travel Inc. Like duh?

17 Comments:

  • FTI- was the one u saw a signage of some sort? It's a place actually. Somewhere in Taguig. "yata'. hehe.. haynaku.. buti kpa.. im sure by now u're dead asleep na...resting.. while poor me is still working my arse here at home. :( couldnt even find time to update. haay.Life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 AM  

  • devilicious,
    im still wise awake. tnx for the ingo tho... but still, what is the exact meaning of FTI?

    hmmm... Anyone?

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 3:58 AM  

  • Food Terminal, Inc. Hahaha! Courtesy of Google. =) yep. I really took some minutes off work just to search for that acronym. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

  • Hmmm... You are kidding, right?

    FOOD TERMINAL INC.?
    -well at least i was ryt abt the INC. hahaha...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 4:16 AM  

  • I dont know what FTI stands for.

    But what i know is that, riding a bus like that also scares me.

    and oh, goodmorning mr.brew! :)

    By Blogger Doubting Thomas, at 9:39 AM  

  • Brew.

    It's FOOD TERMINAL INC.
    named so because that complex
    in Taguig used to be the primary
    food processing zone until it has
    become a semi-conductor zone.

    gari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

  • This is exactly why I prefer not to ride the bus:

    http://momel8.blogspot.com/2005/04/first-week.html

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:50 PM  

  • i didn't know riding a bus was that scary. haven't ridden one before... ^__^

    By Blogger Nichola, at 2:05 PM  

  • rob,
    hey dude, tnx for the comment. and yes,riding a bus is scary...

    gari,
    tama nga si devilicious. wahehehe... weird lang kasi yung meaning... di ba? well it makes more sense now dahil sa details mo. tnx for the info...

    mommel,
    ill check the link... hmmm

    kaye,
    wut? u havent rode in a bus? nice. mayaman ka siguro. wahehehe... peo i suggest u don't na lang. scary talaga siya... wahehehe...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 2:37 PM  

  • nakakatakot din ang mga bus kahit you are not in them. many times, a bus has almost hit us. rar.

    but what i know abt buses e the insurance people tells them na kapag may mababangga sila e patayin na nila para makatipid. kaya scary talaga for vehicles beside them.

    By Blogger PATRICIA, at 3:19 PM  

  • patricia,
    i heard that story as well. sabi nila siguraduhin daw na patay yung victim para menos gastos. sad noh?!

    anyways, thanks for dropping by...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 3:25 PM  

  • i dunno. i usually ride the mrt, but when i go home really late--or should i say really early in the morning--i take the bus. something about it is romantic, esp. the ordinary ones with the wind blowing your hair, etc.

    i think (please correct me if i'm much mistaken) FTI was built during the Marcos regime, but it was never fully utilized. it's a really spacious compound with unused buildings and abandoned trucks. plus there's this seedy cinema which shows equally seedy movies.

    By Blogger John, at 9:17 AM  

  • seedy, hahaha.. nice term for movies...

    anyways, i dunno anything about FTI john.

    and bus rides scares me a lot for me to actually be romantic about it. i cud say that for jeepneys though (just not for long distance travelling).

    tnx for the visit john... appreciated...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 1:35 PM  

  • i'm a taguig native... we used to pass through FTI on our way home. anyway. your banner is so refreshing. very summer-y.

    By Blogger John, at 10:33 AM  

  • thanks john.
    i have this thinking that Taguig is really far... well from where i live that is. wahehehehe...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 7:44 PM  

  • Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

  • Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


All Rights Reserved March 2007
All images and designs are my property unless stated otherwise.

Site Meter
 
My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

2010 - Wow! I can't believe this blog is already 4 years old! I would like to thank everyone has been so nice to me and my blog. I am really happy that there are people out there who can relate to my life.

January 24, 2010 - I met this guy online who inspired me to write/blog again. To Sal, thank you for the inspiration. I owe you one.

Follow me on Facebook

*************************

*************************


I am a frustrated artist who finds refuge in bitterness and solitude. Angst is what I speak and love is what I hide. I never want to be seen naked for in nakedness there is truth and truth I am afraid of. Reality never seems to be fair, life in fact is iniquitous.


I like to put up a facade like a masked man in a party. I like to exude and air of mystery and fear. For in fear I earn respect and respect I treasure.

I like to play God once in a while, controlling the people who surround me. I love to twist emotions and bring out the insides.

I have found love but it left me suddenly for reasons until now I do not understand. He pierced right through everything that is me and left a broken arrow in my heart. But I let that happen because I loved him so sincerely. If there was a time I really loved someone, it would be that time. He rocked my world; sadly, he rocked me to my death.

 


-------
| online brewer(s) |
-------




[bReWiNg]
@ PLU Blogs

Vote For Me

A Pinoy Blogger

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

 




These guys rock! Thank you very much.

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

A Pinoy Blogger

 


Powered by Blogger