25 May 2006

Too Early for Everything

So I woke up really early today (did I say early? Yes. Early) for no reason at all. So I decided to do the stuff I have always planned to do. You know, the movie thing and all. So I fixed myself, did not ate breakfast at home (not that there was any) and dragged my ass out to Gateway. Got there around 9am and realized that for some people the day hasn’t begun yet. Thank God Starbucks was open so I had breakfast there, smoked, and watched people go about their busy lives. While I was there a sudden thought entered my mind. What if I was invited to give a speech to the graduating class of our high school? Hmmm…

I made up the speech in my mind and I will probably discuss how important education is. Not the kind you get from school though you really need to learn basics. It’s the things you learn outside the four confined walls of the classroom. It’s those little chat you have with your classmates, with those scary teacher you’ve always hated since the first day of school, with that girl you think was weird because she is in dire need of a plucker (for her eyebrowse) and with your friends and family. Unconsciously, they affect you with their values, their beliefs and their ways. You’d not notice this until you besome older or mature but those inlfuences are there.

I will also discuss how self-realization is as much important as the former. You need to know exactly what you want, yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses. Of course, there is always room for improvement but it is helpful that you know yourself. This will help you a lot when you come out to the real world where the law is eat-or-be-eaten. It sounds harsh but not all realities of life is fair. Whoever said it is easy lied. It is definitely otherwise.

Explore in what you are good at and improve on what you’re not so good at. Always compose yourself in front of others. Not that you should let them (others) control you but sometimes it is necessary to kiss some asses to succeed. I know what you are thinking but again life ain’t fair darling. To be on the top, you must strive hard to be on the top. As Machiavelli once said, “The end justifies the means.” I love that philosophy.

There’s a lot more that I wanted to discuss but Gateway was open so I gracefully entered the mall, gave the security guard a well-composed smile and stepped on the escalator. Unfortunately, I was still too early for Da Vinci. The earlist movie starts at noon meaning it will probably end around 2:30pm or worse 3:00pm which also means I would be late for work (3pm). It sucks I know but I gathered myself up and took a cab to Eastwood to get a haircut instead.

It was really hot and this ugly cab was the first in line waiting for its next victim-ME. What the heck! I thought to myself. So I seated myself beside the driver and focused the AC on my face. It was I think on fan mode because the driver apparently just turned it on. So I patiently waited for it to exude coller air but I waited in vain. It was the most the AC could offer. To make matters worse, the traffic was really heavy. It’s like every street around cubao was full of vehicles of all sizes. There were even buses. So the driver took the liberty of going around cubao trying to find a way to get to Eastwood less the heavy traffic. But it seemed like every corner we turn to was full. My sweat was dripping already and the meter’s dripping as well. I ended up paying a hundred bucks to get to eastwood when I usually pay 60-70bucks on any usual day.

I know. My day sucks. But at least I got new haircut which I think fits me well and I made friends with this hairdresser from FIX who told me a lot of stories about his life. It was fun. I mean, I have always hated going to salons and having my hair fixed by a gay guy or worse parlorista gays because you’d never know if they will say bad things about you, about your hair or worse ruin your haircut. But this guy was really nice and I have never felt comfortable going to salons.

So I am at work now. Too early. My shift starts at 3pm and I was already in around noon. Hayyy… for the love the company and my work! Of course I am lying. Hell no! Love for the company? I dun think so.

10 Comments:

  • I don't get the part where you had coffee and cigarettes for brunch on a summer day. Ain't you a little Paris Hilton? HAR! But yeah, isn't summer hell on earth? At least in the Philippines?

    Hey, cheers Brew!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:50 PM  

  • summer aint that bad. well with the beach and all but when ur in the metro it gets really irritating...

    anyways, i also had cinnamon roll along with the coffee... wahehehe...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 6:48 PM  

  • ang yaman mamon lang kya kong bilhin eh

    By Blogger Turismoboi, at 10:06 PM  

  • turismoboi, oi hindi ah. mahirap lang kaya akong nilalang...

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 10:53 PM  

  • wow! who else would've thought of those speeches that early?? oks lang yan.. i used to be at our office 3 hours before my shift.. kaya oks lang yan.. id rather kill time making fun of my officemates rather than sulking myself to boredom at home.. hahahaha!!hahaha.. missed u dear!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

  • haha sabay pala tayo nagpagupit! kahapon! bwahaha. wala lang; natawa lang ako.

    tsk tsk. bad shot ang araw mo. sayang, di mo napanood da vinci. AMPness. di bale, di mawawala ang da vinci sa quiapo..

    http://utakgago.blogspot.com

    By Blogger &, at 3:40 AM  

  • Now where on friggin eart are u dearie? haven't heard from u the whole day yesterday a!

    By the way, Whether u like it or not, you're on top of my tag list. Haha! missed u!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

  • brew, isa ka plang magaling sa speech.

    By Blogger Doubting Thomas, at 2:27 PM  

  • oh yes, thank God for Starbucks :D

    By Blogger Juice, at 3:49 PM  

  • devilicious, sorry dearie i slept kaagad when i got home last night (or rather earlier today) kasi aga ako nagising cz me and my officemate went to Megamall. waited for her for HOURS sa Starbucks. tagal ng bruha. anyhu, we watched MI3. garbe kakapagod panoorin... puno ng aksyon! I miss you too. mwah!

    yeah, malapit na lipatan. wahehehe...

    and thanks for the tag. mwah!

    kevin, hahaha. oo nga no. astig! gusto kos sa big screen mapanood yung Da vinci. argh! huhuhu...

    Rob, magaling ka jan. baby naman oh! mwah!

    justine, yeah i agree, Thank god for Starbucks!

    By Blogger /iambrew, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


All Rights Reserved March 2007
All images and designs are my property unless stated otherwise.

Site Meter
 
My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

2010 - Wow! I can't believe this blog is already 4 years old! I would like to thank everyone has been so nice to me and my blog. I am really happy that there are people out there who can relate to my life.

January 24, 2010 - I met this guy online who inspired me to write/blog again. To Sal, thank you for the inspiration. I owe you one.

Follow me on Facebook

*************************

*************************


I am a frustrated artist who finds refuge in bitterness and solitude. Angst is what I speak and love is what I hide. I never want to be seen naked for in nakedness there is truth and truth I am afraid of. Reality never seems to be fair, life in fact is iniquitous.


I like to put up a facade like a masked man in a party. I like to exude and air of mystery and fear. For in fear I earn respect and respect I treasure.

I like to play God once in a while, controlling the people who surround me. I love to twist emotions and bring out the insides.

I have found love but it left me suddenly for reasons until now I do not understand. He pierced right through everything that is me and left a broken arrow in my heart. But I let that happen because I loved him so sincerely. If there was a time I really loved someone, it would be that time. He rocked my world; sadly, he rocked me to my death.

 


-------
| online brewer(s) |
-------




[bReWiNg]
@ PLU Blogs

Vote For Me

A Pinoy Blogger

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

 




These guys rock! Thank you very much.

Wanna link me? Kindly use the image below.
/iambrew [moving on]

A Pinoy Blogger

 


Powered by Blogger